Saturday, November 24, 2007

He's always with me

So while I'm killing time as my Christmas CD is being burned, I tried to google my blog, for shits and giggles. Be aware that I know that it won't come up because I have it set to not be searchable. That's how crazy I am, I google it when it can't be googled just to kill time. What comes up second on the list of items? AOPA which is an association for pilots, which my father belonged to, has an attraction at their functions called The Big Yellow Tent. Son of a bitch. You've got to be kidding me. If you knew how much my father loved aviation, this would freak you out as much as it is freaking me out right now. Tears and everything dammit...I HATE TEARS. So as long I am in this place, I may as well share the wierdness that happened a couple of times after he passed away.

When my father called my cell phone, Sanford and Son rang (because his house was such a mess). He was a restricted number, so any restricted number would ring that way. However, he was the only person with a restricted number that called my cell, After he passed away there were three occasions, all early in the morning usually about 6:30, when I was feeling very sad and was by myself, and my phone rang. It was the Sanford and Son ring. Each time when I answered the phone, there was no one on the other end, no hang up, no breathing, just nothing at all. It stopped after that. Every once in a while something freaky like this happens, I think just to let me know he is with me. So now I know I have made the right choice in my title.











Here it is, the big damn yellow tent. Really now, are you kidding me? I had no idea.

No comments: