Thursday, July 3, 2008

A bed fit for a mouse....

Have you ever had the perfect thing to say, at the perfect time and actually said it? Once in a blue moon this happens to me. Usually I spend the next two days thinking of the perfect thing to say, which would have been witty and funny and made everyone laugh. But, once in a while, I can pull them out.

This goes back a few years, but it makes me laugh every time I think of it, so you are fortunate to have me share it with you.

Island Girl and I were visiting a friend who had an apartment with her sister. Her boyfriend came to visit and ended up moving in with them. When Island Girl and I visited our friend...I have no idea what to call her, so she shall just be Friend, we received the grand tour. During the grand tour, I noticed that Friend had only a twin bed in her room. I asked her, out of curiosity, where the Jerk (because that is what he turned out to be) slept, did he sleep on the couch?

Friend "No, he sleeps with me"
Me "How does that work?"
Friend "Oh it's fine, I sleep on the right side of the bed"
Me "FRIEND! Are you kidding? The whole thing is the right side of the bed! How is that comfortable?"
Friend "Oh, it's fine"
ME "Ok....(whatever)"

I am pretty sure Island Girl had a choice comment as well. I think of this all the time. I loved that I came up with that on the spot. It so rarely happens, and I don't think I hurt her feelings, it was just funny. There it is, hope you liked it.

3 comments:

island girl said...

OMG...I am peeing my pants right now! I can picture the room, the bed, where it was in the room and everything! I can't remember what the hell I said, but I'm sure it was something like..."Friend, you need a fontoon of sin!"

Jane Doe said...

No blog on Twilight? Are you breathing over there?

Liss said...

I know...i am nervous about traipsing into book reviews...I am on it =)