Tuesday, September 20, 2011
Looking at the Bright Side
A dear, dear friend is having surgery this week. It's a big, big surgery. The good news is that she should be fine after and she will have a fabulous rack. The good news also is that she won't need chemo or radiation. The bad news is that a dear friend is having a big surgery because she is one of two people who has ever been reported to be going through what she is going through. 2 out of 7 billion people. She describes it as shit luck. I guess you could call it that. I can't even imagine how this is rattling her and her family. I don't get to see her as often as I would want to, but when we talk it's like we just saw each other a few minutes ago. We've been through great times in our lives and devastating times in our lives. This is a devastating, yet ok time because what a traumatic event this is, but how fortunate that this is it (hopefully). It reminds me of my husband and his crazy health things that happen. Maybe this is one of those times when a greater force is making a person who does so much for so many take an imposed vacation. Not that recovering from surgery is a vacation, but she will have people taking care of her, which I think she has earned. My friend does a lot, for her family for her friends and for her job. It is this strange situation, much like my husband's issues, where though it is serious, it will most probably be fine once all is said and done. She is eternally thoughtful and lovely and does not deserve to be going through this, but I am glad it is just this. I love you my dear, dear friend and I know you will be fine. You are in my thoughts and prayers. Imagine what next summer will be like with your fabulous new rack.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment